Qualcomm Academy offers a wide range of 5G courses and certification opportunities for engineers who are new to 5G. In this article, we discuss these opportunities and how engineers can start learning today. Please note that all the following opportunities are online, self-paced, and led by experienced engineers from Qualcomm Technologies.
5G Training for Engineers New to 5G
Please see below for a list of courses we recommend for engineers who are new to 5G. Please click on each title to see an in-depth outline of what is covered in the course:
- Fundamentals of Cellular Communication and 5G: This six-hour non-technical course covers an introduction to cellular communication and 5G. We recommend this course for engineers who do not have a background in wireless communication, as the course covers key wireless technologies, how they work, why they are important, use cases, and more. Completing this course will give engineers the knowledge and skills they need to move on to more technical 5G training.
- 5G NR Technical Training: This is our premier beginner-level technical training course for engineers, as course participants gain an introduction to the main technical components of 5G, including network architecture, mmWave, beamforming, massive MIMO, deployment considerations, and much more. We recommend this course for any engineer looking to work in the realm of 5G.
- 5G Topic-Specific Foundational Training: Once engineers understand the material in the “5G NR Technical Training” course discussed above, they should be ready to dive into more topic-specific training to gain in-depth expertise on various aspects of 5G. The following are examples of the topic-specific 5G courses we offer for engineers:
5G Certification for Engineers New to 5G
Receiving a 5G certification from a wireless leader will help engineers enhance their 5G skills and professional portfolios, which is why we recommend our 5G Associate-Level Certification Program for engineers who seek a career in 5G. This comprehensive and technical certification certifies engineers as proficient in 5G technology fundamentals, 5G architecture, mmWave, air interface operation, beam management, and much more.
This program consists of three online and self-paced prep courses and one online exam. Those who pass this certification will receive a 5G associate-level certificate from Qualcomm Technologies. Moreover, we consider those who pass this program and have at least a bachelor’s degree in engineering to be industry-ready to work as a 5G associate-level engineer.
Learn more and register for this certification program here.
About Qualcomm Academy
The Qualcomm Academy is the educational and training branch of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. Please see below for a brief overview of what we offer:
- Flexible Learning: All courses are taught through our eLearning format, so participants may learn online and at their own pace. We can also set up live in-person or virtual training for groups of at least 15 employees.
- Learn from the Experts: All courses are taught by industry-leading engineers from Qualcomm Technologies.
- Diverse Course Portfolio: We offer a wide range of 5G, AI, and other courses for engineers and non-engineers of all levels.
Start learning today at academy.qualcomm.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.