Why Take This Course?
- Gain knowledge that could help you excel as a business professional in a dynamic and growing industry.
- Understand how 5G can optimize your business objectives.
- Participate in a professional development opportunity you can display on your resume/CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Overview of wireless and cellular communication
- Review of technology evolution and 4G LTE
- LTE operation and road to 5G
- 5G fundamentals and features
- 5G use cases
- General knowledge of cellular communications concepts recommended
- Explain how wireless transmission works, how information is carried on radio waves and what affects how much and how fast information is sent.
- Illustrate a cellular network architecture and explain how a network provides coverage, connects users to services, and allows for multiple users.
- Explain how cellular technology, usage and demand has evolved in the past decade.
- State the benefits and air interface features of 4G LTE and summarize how it differs from previous generation networks.
- Define who determines network standards and protocols for cellular technologies, explain what operators are doing to handle the increased demand for data, and how 4G LTE works and the benefits it offers.
- Recognize the key components of the LTE network architecture.
- List the LTE data services, explain how LTE is optimized to deliver data packets, and state the factors that affect peak data rate performance.
- Define LTE Advanced, list the major features, and explain how LTE Advanced improves upon LTE.
- Discuss features and benefits of 5G.
- Look at use cases for 5G.
***NOTE: This course is taught through our eLearning platform, so you may learn online and at your own pace. You will have access to all course material for one year from your date of purchase. If you are interested in live training for a group of at least 15 people, please contact us via the “Request Training” form at the top of the page.